Director, Hardware Product Management
Location: Fort Lauderdale Florida
Bluvision, the leader in IoT Indoor Location and Asset Performance solutions as well as BLE Beacon and Gateway hardware is looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our team and help lead the revolution. As the Director of Product Management, Hardware, you will be responsible for the entirety of NPI process for our new hardware products as well as the manufacturing process within our contract manufacturers.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties maybe assigned.
- Identify and manage, based on company roadmap, competitive environment, customer feedback and emerging technologies, our hardware roadmap.
- Responsible for the new product introduction (NPI) process for our family of hardware products (beacons, sensor beacons, gateways).
- Collaborate with Bluvision CTO / firmware engineer, product architect and other product managers on specific hardware design, gerbers and capabilities.
- Work with sales, marketing and product management to understand customer requirements and develop applicable PRDs.
- Perform market research and competitive analysis.
- Coordination with engineering team, contract manufacturers, sourcing, certification agencies and management.
- Collaboration with CMs and outside suppliers for product design, continuous improvement / DFM of products, reduction of defect rates, flexibility of lines and reduction of lead times. Responsible for factory leadtimes and product quality.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with RF technologies including BLE, NFC, UWB, NB-IoT, and WiFi.
- Broad understanding in analog and digital design along with experience with microcontrollers, antenna and battery technologies.
- Knowledge of full-stack and hardware / software integration.
- Experience with SMT and PCB Manufacturing.
- Understanding of IoT technologies including Location Services and Condition Monitoring.
- 6-Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, DFM.
- You are enthusiastic about your work, results-driven and keen on developing in an agile environment with Kanban and Scrum.
Education and/or Experience:
- Advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years of overall experience in product development from Concept to Production, with 5 years as a product architect.
- Experience with full product lifecycle
- Experience with Atlassian suite: Jira, Confluence, etc
- Expert level experience with Java, JEE framework and Spring
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, etc.
- Familiar with Atlassian Tools such as Jira and Confluence
Highlight knowledge, skills, abilities and traits necessary in this role to satisfy our customer’s expectations
- Ability to handle demanding customer facing projects that span multiple departments such as operations, technology, security, and business teams.
- Ability to understand customer needs and success criteria
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee works primarily in office environments, with in a well ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
- Travel and fieldwork including international travel, therefore employee must possess or can acquire a valid passport.
If the above duties sound exciting and not intimidating, and if you have a mix of experiences and skills that will enable you to hit the ground running, contact us at email@example.com.