IOT Cloud Engineer
Location: Fort Lauderdale Florida
Bluvision, the leader in BLE Real-Time Location Systems and BLE Sensor Hardware, is looking for an experienced IOT Cloud Engineer to join our team and help lead the revolution. This is a product development position. If you are interested in building complex Cloud Products and Services focused on IOT and RTLS, then you will definitely be interested in this opportunity!
- You have experience providing guidance and leadership in a team environment
- You’ve had experience building real products.
- You bring a rational and open-minded approach to software development rather than a dogmatic approach
- You’re either a full-stack engineer OR you have a good level of experience writing code that has shipped either in the front-end or back-end with enough experience and sense of adventure to expand into the other side.
- You bring a disciplined troubleshooting approach.
- Building new Bluzone Cloud Applications
- Taking responsibility for the full lifecycle of your code, from implementation to testing to user acceptance to deployment.
- Build and Own Applications for one or more target clouds (AWS,Azure,Cloud Foundry,Google CP,etc.)
- Developing pure cloud, and-or hybrid cloud solutions
- Develop an application framework for manipulating form data with complex dependencies.
- Write test-driven, maintainable code and follow industry standards and web development best practices.
- Ability to code high availability services.
Ability to code application layout and user interface elements based on documented design concepts.
- Gather requirements and create technical specifications as needed.
Implement new features and maintain existing features of production pipeline.
- Building back-end automation tools.
- Work with Project Managers and other team members to assure accurate timelines and deliverables.
- Collaborate with designers and fellow engineers to find elegant, long-term solutions as well as creative quick fixes to problems.
- You understand of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends in IOT, Big Data, etc.
- You have experience in developing pure cloud, or hybrid cloud solutions, along with Integration with on-premises systems
- You have proven experience with test-driven development in Java, Go, Python or equivalent language.
- You have an understanding of core concepts like OOP, design patterns, algorithms and how to run a production web server
- You are enthusiastic about your work, results-driven and keen on developing in an agile environment with Kanban and Scrum.
- You have a passion for back-end development, but you’re not afraid to dive into some front-end code to get a job done.
- You feel at home in a UNIX shell, and you’re comfortable adjusting server configurations in
- You favor a pragmatic programming style and simple solutions.
Excellent interpersonal communications, both verbal and written
The ability to work as part of a global, virtual team
- A strong sense of self-motivation and work ethic
- A positive, persistent approach to their work
- An ability to reduce complex ideas and problems into lucid concepts and solutions
- A passion for new technology and innovation
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field required, with graduate degree preferred
- 5+ years of overall experience in Application/Solution Development domain
- 5+ years of experience building Cloud Native Applications, and Cloud Application Migration Assessments
- Expert hands-on proficiency in Developing Applications using one or more technology stacks (Java / Go / Python)
- Must have participated in at least 1 medium-sized and/or 1 large sized Cloud Application Development and Migration projects, involving building, and/or enhancing Cloud solutions based on Cloud platforms such as Amazon AWS,Microsoft Azure, and Cloud Foundry.
- Strong hands-on understanding of scalability, security, high availability and operational requirements
If the above duties sound exciting and not intimidating, and if you have a mix of experiences and skills that will enable you to hit the ground running, contact us at email@example.com.