Attention Bluvision Developer Community: our team is thrilled to announce our completely updated Android and iOS software development kits (SDKs). Each platform SDK is now available for download on the Bluvision developer site. The enhancements include:
- Intelligent beacon scan
Improved beacon scanning to help you see what’s important. Our new SDKs allow you to create and apply various filters to your beacon scan. You only want to see beacons with a particular signal strength and certain identifiers. Set up those filters and that’s what you get!
- Easy access to advertisement values
Want to know what your beacon is broadcasting? The SDKs will tell you as soon as you start scanning for beacons. Each advertisement value (such as a beacon’s identifier) is automatically read, parsed and made available for you.
- Simplified beacon interaction
Know all about your beacons by just connecting to them. Their details will automatically be read and stored within a configuration for your convenience. To change your settings, just create another configuration and have our SDKs write it to the beacon.
- Safe configuration
Safety first! The new SDKs ensure that you don’t change any beacon settings in a way that would harm its functionality and connectivity. If you try to configure your beacons with a wrong setting, the SDKs will correct it for you.
- Easy beacon ranging
Location, location, location. Each beacon that our SDK has scanned now includes a distance estimate by default.
Need more information? See the latest SDK documentation (Android/iOS) in BitBucket and the SDK app change log in our public Confluence portal.
That’s not all! To better support Bluvision’s worldwide developer community, we’ve updated our BEEKS application in the iOS App Store. The enhancements include:
- Full support for iOS 8 and iPhone 6/6 Plus.
- Firmware updates for iBEEK, BEEKS Extend and BEEKS Pro beacons.
- Fine-grained advertisement rate setup; set the advertisement rate of your beacons from 0.2 Hz up through 10 Hz in 0.1 Hz steps.
- Individual advertisement rate and transmission power setup for sBeacon and iBeacon.
- Individual advertisement rate and transmission power setup for a beacon’s standard and energy saving modes.
- Individual transmission power settings for each beacon type. BEEKS Extend beacons can now be set up to broadcast with up to +4 dBm. iBEEK beacons can go up to +5 dBm or all the way down to -50 dBm.
Want to learn more and experience these updates for yourself? Visit the Bluvision developer website now!